Baby Alexander is celebrating his first Valentine’s Day this year. I wanted to make him something special that he could continue to use well after the holiday. I decided to make him a pair of BabyLegs or LegWarmers. His is actively crawling around and these are a great way to protect the leg and knees on you little one. What better than turn your old socks into BabyLegs. To see the tutorial continue reading.
- 1 Pair Old or New KneeHigh Adult Socks
- Needle and Thread
- Small Piece of Fabric for 2 Hearts
- Sewing Machine
6. Take the small piece and place over the raw edge of the leg of the sock. Align all edges together. Then sew up using a straight stitch. When you finish sewing this line you should be able to unfold and have a finished cuff.
7. Now your BabyLeg is done. Repeat for the other leg. For Valentine’s Day I decided to add an embellishment, continue reading to see it.
10. I recommend sewing with your machine with the same color thread as your fabric and then hand stitching with a contrasting color. Since you little one will be on the floor with these it will give them added durability.