Do you buy those addictive super yummy 8$ kale chips at Whole Foods? Well you don’t need to. Their is a simple recipe to follow that you can make almost the identical cheesy kale at home. I stumbled on the original recipe at The Delicious Revolution. I have made this recipe about 10 time and have made slight changes each time to see how flexible you can be.
1. 1 bunch of Kale
2. 1 Red, Yellow, or Orange Bell or Sweet Pepper
3. 1/2 cup up to 1 cup cashews (soak 2 hours or more)
4. 4 Tablespoon Lemon orLime Juice
5. 1 Tablespoon of Agave (Haven’t tried alternative.)
6. 1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder or Onion Salt
7. 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric (Ok to Leave Out!)
8. 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
9. 1/2 Teaspoon Salt (Any)
1. Take kale and wash and spread out to dry on towels.
2. Remove stems and break into bite size pieces.
3. While kale is airing out I place cashews in water to soak (2 hours).
4. Take cashews, chopped pepper without seeds, salt, onion powder, lemon, agave, turmeric, nutritional yeast, and salt and blend or process in a food processor.
5. It should look creamy.
6. Take kale and lightly apply batter and lay in dehydrator.
7. Here is what it looks like. Try to apply to one side only.
8. Dehydrate at 125 degree overnight or could be done in as little as 6 hours depending on how thick batter was applied.