I just love spicey food and adding an element of heat to almost anything. If you love spicey thing too, have you tried pickled jalapenos? Well they are super easy to make make and so tasty.
- Glass Jar Pint size or larger
- Minimum 4-5 Jalapenos depending on their size
- Cutting Mat
- glass jar
- measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- Filtered Water
- Wash and slice jalapenos. Make sure to thoroughly wash your hands after. Whatever you do, do not touch your eyes.
- Place jalapenos in clean and dry glass jar. I used a mason jar and add jalapenos and pack in tight to avoid having floaters the best you can. Do don’t fill above the line where the threading of the jar begins
(Here is a picture of the jalapenos in the jar.)
4. Measure out a cup of vinegar. In a seperate glass jar.
5. Measure out 1/4 teaspoon of salt. (I used Celtic Sea Salt but you could use Himalayan or Pickling Salt.)
6. Add to vinger and stir.
7. Add liquid salted vinegar to jalapenos.
8. Fill up mason jar the rest of the way to the fill in with filtered water. Not above the the line where the threading of the jar begins.
9. Tightly cover with lid and set on your counter top for 3 days. Color of jalapenos should turn from a bright green to a dark green. Then store in your refrigerator. I know they last at least two weeks but mine are usually all gone by that point. Enjoy!
(Here is a picture of the jalapenos from my refrigerator so that is why they are a little cloudy.)