For lunch I wanted something light and healthy but at the same time fulfilling. I threw together what I had in the pantry and refrigerator and came up with this gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and vegan recipe.
Millet 1 cup
Yellow squash or summer squash 3 heads
5 small sweet peppers
Head of parsley
1. Cook Millet according to the direction. My package stated bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add Millet, put on lid and turn down heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minuets.
2. Set Millet off the heat and toss with about 2 tables of olive oil.
3. Chop up squash in bite size pieces and cook in a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat until tender and add a pinch of salt.
4. Mix squash into Millet.
5. Dice up sweet peppers and toss into Millet.
6. Add in chopped parsley about a 1/3 of a bunch.
7. Incorporate arugula in until until ratio of Millet and arugula is desirable.
8. Now ready to eat. If to dry liberally add in salad dressing.