Every time I shop in the organic grocery store I look at the raw foods which look yummy but carry a large price tag. I decided I can try to make these at home. A friend of mine lent me a book to check out and while searching through the recipes I found a very similar recipe that I altered to suit what I had on hand. The book is called The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook, 2nd Edition.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- In a powerful blender like a Vitamix or a food processor grind the cardamom first if using whole seeds. Set aside.
- Then grind almonds until fine.
- Add dates, raisins, and spices.
- Then add peanut butter. Mix until combined.
- Roll out into a long log and evenly cut.
- Roll into balls. (Could use coconut oil if dry and roll in shredded coconut)
- Enjoy fresh or store in refrigerator.