It seems to be very difficult for me to find cute things to sew for boys. Here is one of my more recent projects I made quickly for baby Alexander. Scroll down to see pictures of him wearing this adorable handmade bib.
- A Bib that you like the shape
- 1 set of snaps and snap pliers or velcro
- Paper and pen and ruler
- Thread and Sewing Machine
- Fold store purchased bib or previous hand made bib lengthwise. Place on paper and trace the shape. Use a ruler and mark 1/2 inch marks to add to your stencil.
- Pin your stencil to fabric and cut or trace on fabric. You need 2 pieces one for the back and one for the front. (I used cotton print for my front, left from a quilt and terrycloth for my back.
- Cut out.
- Pin your 2 pieces right sides together or the pretty sides of the fabric facing each other.
- Begin sewing using 1/4 inch stitch. I choose to start on the side. Don’t forget to back stitch locking your stitches in place. Also leave about 2 inches open.
- Now use that 2 inch opening and pull the bib out through the opening so the right side is out.
- Use and Iron and press out and set your seams. Make sure to tuck in you 2 inch opening and press and pin in place.
- Place you bib in your sewing machine again to top stitch the bib.
- To complete either sew on Velcro or if you have snaps press them in place.