I keeping seeing posts all over the internet especially by first time moms, “what should I pack in my diaper bag?” I don’t really have the perfect answer but I can tell you what is in mine.
First, here is a picture of my diaper bag open. Note I have plenty of room to add on. These are just the items that are typically stocked so I am ready to go.
Here is a photo of the items taken out.
- Tumi Diaper Bag with changing insert- Bought this bag second hand at a consignment shop. Love this messenger bag just wish it wasn’t ripping at the seams.
- 2 infant prefolds- I can use these as extra diaper inserts, burp cloths, a giant drool pad for my chest when wearing baby in carrier, extra absorption for changing diapers, or even to clean my 3 year old when he spills a drink in my car.
- 2 covers ( here I have BG Flip and Blueberry).
- 2 medium BG bamboo fitteds.
- Planetwise small waterproof bag and medium size wet bag. Great to hold wipes, wet diapers and dirty clothes or swim suit.
- 12 reusable wipes. Sewn by me. I just wet with tap water at sink before changing.
- A teething necklace. Great to distract baby During diaper change.
- A bib hand sewn my me.
- At least one change of clothes for baby.
- Soft rattle from the Land of Nod.
- Sofie teether. I attached a sippy cup hold to the teether so it never hits the ground.
- Taggies wrist rattle.
- Organic yummy snacks me and my toddler (2 bars, fruit strip, and a chocolate milk).
- Wallet and little pouch for coupons.
- I also like to have a muslin blanket because they are small, lightweight, great for covering car seat, wrapping baby if cold, or wet. Even could be used as an emergency diaper.
- I usually add a reusable bottle filled with water or tea for me and one for my toddler.
- We need to start carrying some teething tablets as a tooth should be popping through soon.